Beetroot marinated eggs with pesto filling
Ilość porcji / Servings – 2
Drukuj / Print
Czas przygotowania / Prep. time: 30 mins
Czas gotowania / Cook time: 1 hr
Czas całkowity / Total time: 1 d 1 hr 30 mins
Składniki / Ingredients:
- 6 boiled eggs
- beetroot juice
- 3 cooked beetroots
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts
- 1/4 cup of grated grana Padano cheese
- 1/2 lime
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup diced baked pumpkin (about 250 g)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts * (browned in a dry pan)
- 1/3 – 1/2 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
Sposób wykonania / Instructions:
- Put the boiled eggs in a jar of juice and set aside for two days. After this time, serve with pesto
For beetroot pesto
- Cut the beetroot into smaller pieces and put into a blender. Add garlic and nuts and squeezed juice from the half of the lime. Mix. Add olive. Add grated cheese, season with salt and pepper to taste. If the mixture is too thick, add olive oil to obtain the desired consistency.
- Rinse the pumpkin and cut (with the skin) into 2 – 3 smaller pieces. Place on a baking tray and place in preheated oven to 200 degrees. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the pumpkin is soft but still firm inside.
- Cool and steam the pumpkin. Cut the skin and cut the pulp into cubes, measure 1 cup of chopped pumpkin and put it in a container of the hand blender.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, grated Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, nutmeg and a lot of freshly ground pepper. Mix, leaving small pesto particles. Season with sea salt.