Beetroot pesto yeast buns. Buns filled with beetroot pesto, Philadelphia cheese, parmesan cheese, and chopped coriander. Great for breakfast or lunch for work.
Ilość porcji / Servings – 10
Drukuj / Print
Czas przygotowania / Prep. time: 10 mins
Czas gotowania / Cook time: 20 mins
Czas całkowity / Total time: 2 hrs 30 mins
Składniki / Ingredients:
- 3 cooked beetroots
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts
- 1/4 cup of grated Grana Padano cheese
- 1/2 lime
- olive oil
- 540 g of bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 10 g of dry yeast
- 75 g of butter (melted)
- 250 ml of milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pack of Philadelphia cheese
- Grated parmesan optional
- beetroot pesto
- chopped coriander
Sposób wykonania / Instructions:
- Cut the beetroot into smaller pieces and put into a blender. Add garlic and nuts and squeezed juice from the half of the lime. Mix. Add grated cheese, season with salt and pepper to taste. If the mixture is too thick, add olive oil to obtain the desired consistency.
- Mix the flour with the dry yeast. Add the remaining ingredients and knead. At the end add melted butter. Knead till dough is soft and flexible. Form a ball out of the dough and, put in a floured bowl. Set aside in a warm place. Cover with a kitchen towel, to double the volume (it will take about 1.5 hours).
- After this time, roll the dough into a rectangle shape measuring 40 x 50 cm, gently sprinkling the surface and the rolling pin with flour, so that the dough does not stick.
- Fill the prepared rectangle evenly with beetroot pesto, Philadelphia cheese, parmesan cheese, and chopped coriander. Then roll up tightly along the short side to the shape of the roll. Cut with the sharp knife into approximately 3 cm pieces. Put on the baking tray rack covered with the baking non-stiick paper without letting them touch each other. Cover with a kitchen towel, let it rest for about 30 minutes (should double in volume)
- Put the buns into the oven preheated to 180ºC and bake for about 20 min. Remove and cool.
- The method for people using bread machines:
- Place all ingredients in the machine. First fluids, then loose products and finally dry yeast. Set the kneading and dough program. After finishing the program (1.5 h), remove the dough, knead it briefly. Continue to follow the above instruction