I like dumplings a lot. I also like to experiment with flavors. That is why I got the idea for chocolate dumplings/ravioli with oranges and cheese filling. Cool, unusual combination.
Ilość porcji / Servings – 2
Drukuj / Print
Czas przygotowania / Prep. time: 45 mins
Czas gotowania / Cook time: 15 mins
Czas całkowity / Total time: 1 hr
Składniki / Ingredients:
- 260 g of plain flour
- 120 ml of boiling water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 30 g butter
- cocoa powder
- 250 grams of mascarpone
- icing sugar to taste
- 1 package of custard powder
- 1 yolk
- oranges cut into cubes
Sposób wykonania / Instructions:
- Place flour on a floured surface and make
- a well in the center. Add eggs and salt int middle of the well. Melt the butter in hot water and pour into well. Add cocoa powder. Stir together, forming a ball. Knead until smooth and elastic for about 8-10 minutes, adding more flour if necessary to keep dough from sticking. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Mix mascarpone cheese with custard powder, icing sugar, and egg yolk.
- Cut off a quarter of the dough. Flour your work surface and roll the piece of dough out to a 3mm thickness. Using a cutter or a drinking glass, cut out circles from the dough, saving the excess for your next batch.
- Place a spoonful of mascarpone filling in the center of a circle. Then place the piece of orange. Fold the circle over to create a half-moon, then pinch the edges together to seal. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- Bring 3 liters of salted water to the boil. Add the few portions of ravioli at a time and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until they float to the top. Spoon them into a strainer to drain.
- You can serve with melted butter. I have served with orange curd mixed with chopped apricots