Fish cakes. Delicious fish cakes with the addition of potatoes and corn. Great as a main meal. Crunchy, because of breadcrumbs and delicate in the middle. Served with a salad, but you can also serve with potatoes or rice.
Ilość porcji / Servings – 4
Drukuj / Print
Czas przygotowania / Prep. time: 10 mins
Czas gotowania / Cook time: 1 hr
Czas całkowity / Total time: 1 hr 40 mins
Składniki / Ingredients:
- 400 gr of fish (cod, haddock, salmon)
- 3 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 100 ml milk
- 450 g potato (peeled, large ones cut in half)
- 75 g can sweetcorn
- a handful of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- flour or breadcrumbs for dusting
- olive oil (for frying)
Sposób wykonania / Instructions:
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until just tender. Drain well. Mash the potato with a small knob of butter. Allow cooling.
- Put the fish, spring onions and milk in a saucepan and gently cook until just opaque and cooked through.
- Drain the fish and spring onions through a fine sieve. Gently mix with the potatoes, avoiding breaking up the fish too much, along with the sweetcorn, cheddar and a generous grind of black pepper. Form into patties. The cooler the mashed potato is when you do this, the easier it will be to form the patties.
- Pour the egg on one plate and scatter flour on the other. Dip the patties in egg and then flour or breadcrumbs and arrange on a sheet of baking paper on a tray. Put the patties in the fridge for at least half an hour to firm up if the patties feel very soft
- Heat a large frying pan with olive oil. When the oil is hot, put the fish cakes into the pan. Cook for 5 – 7 minutes or until golden brown underneath and then carefully flip them over. Fry for another 5 – 7 minutes or until golden on the bottom and heated all the way through.
- I have used donut mold to make a shape.