Kung pao chicken. Delicious, aromatic and well seasoned. Spicy and looking so appetizingly.
Ilość porcji / Servings – 4
Drukuj / Print
Czas przygotowania / Prep. time: 10 mins
Czas gotowania / Cook time: 30 mins
Składniki / Ingredients:
For sauce and marinade
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Chinese black vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Chinese cooking wine
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 500 g chicken thighs skinless, and cut into smaller pieces
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 6 – 10 dried chilies chopped, seeds removed
- 3 of chopped chives
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 5 baby sweet corns sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3/4 cup whole peanuts unsalted roasted
Sposób wykonania / Instructions:
For marinade and sauce
- Mix the cornflour and soy sauce in a small bowl until the cornflour dissolves. Then add the remaining sauce ingredients, except water.
- In a bowl, combine chicken with 1.5 tablespoons of sauce. Leave to marinate for 10-20 minutes.
- Add water to the remaining sauce
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add garlic, ginger, and chilies. Cook for 30 seconds. Add the diced peppers. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken. Fry until it turns white.
- Add sauce and pepper. Simmer, stirring constantly, until almost all the sauce turns into a thick syrup. Add sliced sweet corns
- Just before the end, add peanuts and chives.
- Serve with rice