Chicken drumsticks in Moroccan style. Well seasoned, aromatic, fragrant with herbs, and pickled lemon. Tasty and simply delicious. P
Ilość porcji / Servings – 4
Drukuj / Print
Czas przygotowania / Prep. time: 15 mins
Czas gotowania / Cook time: 45 mins
Czas całkowity / Total time: 1 hr
Składniki / Ingredients:
- 1 kg of chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic squeezed
- 1/2 a small bunch of parsley chopped
- 70 g green olives (stoned, from a jar)
- 70 g of black olives
- 100 g of black beans from a can
- 100 g of canned chickpeas
- 2 pickled lemons quarted
- 3 tablespoons of tagine paste
- optional – fresh coriander (about half a cup of leaves chopped)
- spices: 1 teaspoon of turmeric (a pinch of saffron, 1 tablespoon of sweet pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin)
Sposób wykonania / Instructions:
- In a tagine dish or in a large skillet, heat the oil, put in the chicken and fry thoroughly from each side.
- Add chopped onions and crushed garlic. . Season with salt and pepper and fry together while stirring.
- Pour 1 cup of boiling water and spices: ground pepper, turmeric, saffron, peppers, cumin. Mix everything and bring to a boil. Add a pickled lemon cut into quarters.
- Add half of chopped parsley and coriander, mix, cover, slightly reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. In the meantime, turn the meat over once.
- Remove the lid, add olives, beans and chickpeas.Add tagine paste.
- Cook uncovered for about 10 – 15 minutes until the sauce thickens a little and the meat is soft. Sprinkle with the rest of chopped parsley and coriander.