Pineapple curd roulade. Sweet but tangy as well. Delicious and creamy. Easy to prepare and very tasty
Ilość porcji / Servings – 12
Drukuj / Print
Czas przygotowania / Prep. time: 30 mins
Czas gotowania / Cook time: 1 hr
Czas całkowity / Total time: 1 hr 30 mins
Składniki / Ingredients:
Pineapple curd (can be done the day before)
- 10 egg yolks
- 250 g of caster sugar
- 200 g of soft butter
- 2 lemons juice
- 800 g canned pineapple blended, leave some of the juice to soak the cake
For the cake
- 9 eggs yolks and whites separately
- 270 g of sponge flour
- 270 g of caster sugar
- 300 ml double cream
- 2 tablespoons icing
Sposób wykonania / Instructions:
- Put the pineapple puree into a heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the water is not touching the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the butter and sugar to the pan and heat gently on the lowest setting until they have both dissolved.
- Lightly whisk the egg yolks and stir them into the pineapple mixture. Whisk until all of the ingredients are well combined, then leave to cook for 30 min, stirring every now and again, until the mixture is creamy and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove the curd from the hob and set aside to cool, stirring occasionally as it cools. Once cooled, spoon the curd into sterilized jars and seal. Keep in the fridge until ready to use.
For the cake
- Put yolks and sugar in a large bowl. Beat until light, the fluffy egg mixture is obtained. Add sifted flour to the egg mixture. Mix gently to combine the ingredients. In a separate bowl, beat the whites rigidly. Add the beaten whites in three turns, mixing each time to combine the ingredients. Line a large tray with parchment paper. Spread the batter evenly and put in the oven preheated to 180 Bake for about 15-20 min. Cool down
- Whip the cream with sugar till fluffy
For a roulade
- Soak the top of the roulade with pineapple juice. Spread with whipped cream and pineapple curd on top. Roll into a roulade. Put in the fridge for two hours to cool. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving