Taiwanese beef noodle soup with pak choy. Aromatic, full of flavor, well seasoned and spicy
Ilość porcji / Servings – 2
Drukuj / Print
Czas przygotowania / Prep. time: 15 mins
Czas gotowania / Cook time: 2 hrs
Czas całkowity / Total time: 2 hrs 15 mins
Składniki / Ingredients:
Taiwanese beef noodle soup with pak choy
- 900 gr of beef shank
- 6 stems of chives cut in half
- 8 slices of fresh ginger
- 6 anise stars
- 120 ml of oil
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 red chili peppers cut along
- 1 onion cut into slices
- 1 sugar crystals
- 3 tbsp paste (spicy bean paste, or regular bean paste)
- 120 ml of dark soy sauce
- 120 ml rice wine
- 120 ml of light soy sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon of white ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 5 bay leaves
- 50 gr bak choy
- 250 gr of udon noodles
Sposób wykonania / Instructions:
- Place 5 1/2 l of water in a pot. Add meat, 3 stems of chives, 5 pieces of ginger, 3 stars of anise. Cover, bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Remove meat, rinse in a cold water and cut into thicker pieces. Put broth aside.
- In a wok or in a large pan, place oil over medium heat and add the remaining diced chives, 3 pieces of ginger, garlic, chilli pepper, anise, onion, sugar and bean paste. Fry until the onions are glazed. Add meat. Then pour a dark soy sauce. Mix. Add rice wine. Then add a light soy sauce and tomatoes.
- Add meat to the beef broth with fried vegetables and soy sauces. Add water if necessary to cover the meat. Cover with the lid and cook on a low heat for about 2 hours so that the beef is soft. Remove the bay leaves before serving.
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the pacging. Drain the noodles and boil pak choy in the water for 3 minutes.
- Serve soup with undu noodles and pak choy