Zuppa toscana is a widely understood term literally meaning “Tuscan style soup”. The classic zuppa toscana is a soup made from kale, zucchini, cannellini beans, potatoes, celery, carrots, onions, tomato pulp, virgin olive oil, salt, powdered chili, toasted tuscan bread and rigatino (Italian bacon).
Składniki / Ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- 400 gram of Italian sausage without skin
- 150 grams of smoked bacon diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 750 ml of broth
- 2 cups of water
- a few baby potatoes sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seeds crushed
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 500 ml single
- 1/5 cup of chopped kale
- Parmesan flakes
Sposób wykonania / Instructions:
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cut the sausage into slices and place in a pan. Fry into a slightly golden color. Remove the sausage and put it aside. Put the bacon, fry for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add diced onions and saute with bacon for the next 5 minutes.
- Then add broth, water, sliced potatoes,sugar, fennel seeds, salt, and pepper. Boil and reduce the heat to medium. Ad the sausage. Cook for about 15 minutes, until the potatoes become soft. Stir the kale and cook another 10 minutes. At the end pour the cream and boil for a while. Serve with parmesan flakes.