Duck breast with apple sauce. Richly, because apple sauce enriched with rum, brown sugar and cinnamon, which gives us a very pleasant taste. Everything served with rice cooked in coconut milk.
Ilość porcji / Servings – 2Drukuj / Print
Składniki / Ingredients:
- 3 diced apples
- 140 grams of butter
- 50 ml of spiced rum
- 3 teaspoons of brown sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- optional water
- 2 duck breasts with skin (each approx. 200 – 250 g)
- 200 grams of arborio rice
- 400 ml of coconut milk
- a pinch of salt to taste
Sposób wykonania / Instructions:
- Pour half the butter over the hot pan. On the butter put diced apples and cook for a few minutes. Pour the rum and fry another few minutes. If necessary add water so that it does not burn. Add lemon juice. Simmer until the apples are soft. Do not let them to fall apart. At the end add a second half of butter and saute for few minutes, stirring
- Take out the duck breast before being prepared from the frifge and leave it to be at room temperature. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Cut the duck breast with a knife from the skin side. Be careful not to damage the meat. Season with pepper and salt. Place on a cold pan with a thick bottom, skin down and heat on moderate heat gradually melting the skin. The whole process should take up to 14 minutes. Then turn the meat skin up and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Place the fried breasts in a preheated oven. Put the breast into a casserole (preferably heated together with the oven), skin up. Bake for 8 minutes. Take the breast out to the plate and wait 5 minutes before slicing.
- Cook rice with coconut milk till soft.
- Serve the duck breast with rice and apple sauce.