Polenta with mushroom sauce. For some time I have been totally crazy about the corn porridge. I’m making another dish using it and I’m delighted how it mixes with different additions. This time with a creamy mushroom sauce and an aromatic chicken breast.
Składniki / Ingredients:
- 1 cup of polenta
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
- salt (pepper – to taste)
- 3 tablespoons (grated parmesan or Grana Padano cheese)
- 2 tablespoons (cold butter)
- 300 g of wild mushrooms (can be dried)
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 50 g butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons of red wine
- 125 ml single cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Sposób wykonania / Instructions:
- Pour the polenta into a saucepan, pour over the cold water (in the ratio of about 1: 5), season with a pinch of salt and turmeric
- Cook on low heat, stirring occasionally until the groats will be completely soft (add more water if necessary – the polenta will become thick over time, so it is worth it to be slightly liquid at the beginning).
- Finish the cooked with freshly grated parmesan cheese and cold butter. Mix, season to taste.
For mushroom sauce
- Melt about 30 g butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a larger frying pan. Put onions and fry for 5 – 7 minutes. At the end add garlic and fry for 1 – 2 minutes, gently brown the ingredients.
- Pour wine or broth and boil over large heat. Boil for one minute until most of the liquid evaporates and a thick emulsion will remain on the pan.
- Add the rest of the butter and oil. Increase the heat, add mushrooms and fry over high heat for about 6 minutes stirring occasionally. In the end, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the cream and boil over medium heat. Cook for about 2 minutes until the sauce thickens a little.
- Serve polenta with mushroom sauce. You can sprinkle on top with grated parmesan cheese