Beef meatballs in mushroom-plum sauce. Well seasoned meatballs in a thick, aromatic mushroom and plum sauce with the addition of wine. I really like the combination of sauce and pasta. Pasta covered with sauce tastes delicious. Served with crispy green asparagus.
Składniki / Ingredients:
- 500 g of minced beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 egg
- 1 roll soaked in milk and squeezed
- 30 g butter
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of red sweet pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- a handful of fresh parsley chopped
- frying oil
- 30 ml of meat broth
For the sauce
- 100 g of dried mushrooms, soaked
- 8 prunes
- 1/3 glass of red wine
- 1/3 cup of beef broth
- 1 red onion diced
- spices: salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, cumin, thyme
- plum jam for taste
Sposób wykonania / Instructions:
- Place the minced meat in a glass container. Glaze onion on butter. Add the soaked and drained roll and onion to the meat. Then add egg, broth, and spices. Mix everything thoroughly. Shape the meatballs and fry in hot oil.
For the sauce
- In a casserole, place the dried mushrooms with the liquid. Then add dried plums, stock, wine, sliced red onion. Season with spices. Mix. Then add the meatballs with fat on which they were fried. Cover with a lid and put in the oven preheated to 180 C for about 45 minutes. In the end, remove the lid and simmer without cover, to evaporate the excess liquid. Season to taste with plum jam.
- Meatballs served with pasta, lentils, and asparagus.